A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Act" means the provisions of State Government Article, §§10-611—10-628, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(2) "Applicant" means a person or governmental unit that asks to inspect a public record.
(3) "Office" means the Office of the Secretary of State.
(4) "Office custodian", or "custodian", means the Secretary of State or the Secretary's designee who has physical custody and control of a public record.
(5) "Official custodian" means the Secretary of State.
(6) Public Record.
(a) "Public record" means the original or any copy of any documentary material that:
(i) Is made by a unit or instrumentality of the State government or of a political subdivision or received by the unit or instrumentality in connection with the transaction of public business; and
(ii) Is in any form, including a card, computerized record, correspondence, drawing, film or microfilm, form, map, photograph or photostat, recording, or tape.
(b) "Public record" includes a document that lists the salary of an employee of a unit or instrumentality of the State government or of a political subdivision.
(7) "Secretary" means the Secretary of State of Maryland.
(8) "Working day" means every day except Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
(9) "Written documents" means all books, papers, maps, photographs, cards, tapes, recordings, computerized records, or other documentary materials, regardless of physical form or characteristics.