.04 Provider Conditions for Participation.
A. To provide remote patient monitoring, the provider shall:
(1) Be enrolled with an active status as a Maryland Medical Assistance Program provider on the date the service is rendered;
(2) Be a:
(b) Physician assistant;
(c) Certified nurse practitioner; or
(d) Home health agency when remote patient monitoring services are prescribed by a physician; and
(3) Meet the requirements for participation in the Medical Assistance Program as set forth in COMAR 10.09.36.03.
B. Medical Record Documentation. A remote patient monitoring provider shall:
(1) Maintain documentation using either electronic or paper medical records;
(2) Retain remote patient monitoring records according to the provisions of Health-General Article, §4-403, Annotated Code of Maryland;
(3) Submit the preauthorization on a form developed by the Department; and
(4) Include the participant’s consent to participate in remote patient monitoring.
C. Remote patient monitoring is not a substitute for delivery of care. Provider shall see patients in person periodically for follow-up care.