.03 Practice Before Certification.
A. A registered nurse who has completed a program for preparation of nurse anesthetists and who has applied to take a national certifying examination acceptable to the Board may practice as a nurse anesthetist graduate before certification in the State, on approval of the Board, if the nurse:
(1) Has a current license or multistate privilege to practice registered nursing in the State;
(2) Submitted in full the application for State certification as a CRNA;
(3) Paid all fees established by the Board;
(4) Completed a nurse anesthetist program approved by the Board;
(5) Practices under the supervision of an anesthesiologist or CRNA and the supervisor is on site and immediately available to the nurse anesthetist graduate;
(6) Provides the Board a copy of the admission document to the national certification examination which must be taken not later than 6 months after program completion; and
(7) Immediately notifies the Board and the supervising anesthesiologist or CRNA of the results of the certification examination.
B. A nurse anesthetist graduate who fails the national certification examination shall immediately cease practice as a nurse anesthetist graduate.