.05 Scope of Practice.
A. A nurse anesthetist may perform the following functions:
(1) Perioperative assessment and management of patients requiring anesthesia services;
(2) Administration of anesthetic agents;
(3) Management of fluids in intravenous therapy; and
(4) Respiratory care.
B. A nurse anesthetist has the right and obligation to refuse to perform a delegated act if, in the nurse anesthetist’s judgment, the act is:
(2) An invalidly prescribed medical act; or
(3) Beyond the clinical skills of the nurse anesthetist.
C. Section A of this regulation may not be construed to authorize a nurse anesthetist to:
(1) Diagnose a medical condition;
(2) Provide care that is not consistent with the scope of practice of nurse anesthetists; or
(3) Provide care for which the nurse anesthetist does not have proper education and experience.