.05 Patient Evaluation.
A. Except when providing asynchronous telehealth services or remote patient monitoring, a telehealth practitioner shall:
(1) Perform a clinical patient evaluation adequate to establish a diagnosis and identify underlying conditions or contraindications to recommended treatment options before providing treatment or prescribing medication through telehealth; and
(2) If clinically appropriate for the patient, provide or refer a patient to:
(a) In-person health care services; or
(b) Another type of telehealth service.
B. If the evaluation is adequate to comply with §A of this regulation, a telehealth practitioner may use:
(1) Telehealth devices;
(2) Live synchronous audio-visual communication;
(3) Other methods of performing a medical examination remotely; or
(4) A patient evaluation performed by another licensed health care practitioner providing coverage.
C. A telehealth practitioner may not treat a patient or issue a prescription based solely on an online questionnaire.