.04 Licensure by Waiver.
A. An applicant who is licensed in another state shall:
(1) Comply with all requirements under Regulation .01A of this chapter; and
(2) Submit to the Board:
(a) Verification of the license;
(b) Evidence of successful examination in another state that was substantially equivalent to the examinations given in this State; and
(c) A certificate of completion from each electrology instruction program attended that was substantially equivalent to the program requirements in this State, with a transcript or verification of the number of hours completed in each theory and clinical training.
B. The Board may waive the examinations if the applicant:
(1) Provides verified documentation that the applicant:
(a) Is licensed to practice electrology in another state after meeting requirements that are substantially equivalent to the requirements in Maryland;
(b) Became licensed in the other state after passing in that state, or any other state, examinations that are substantially equivalent to the examinations approved by the Board; and
(c) Meets the qualifications otherwise set forth in Regulation .01 of this chapter; and
(2) Pays the application fee set forth in COMAR 10.53.12.
C. A license may not be issued until the Board has:
(1) Received and reviewed the criminal history records information; and
(2) Approved the application.