.04 Source Documents for Proof of Age, Full Name, Identity, Maryland Residence, Social Security Number, and Lawful Status or Temporary Lawful Status.

A. Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, an applicant for a Maryland license or identification card shall provide as applicable the documents specified in this chapter to the Administration as proof of:

(1) Age;

(2) Full name;

(3) Identity;

(4) Maryland residence;

(5) SSN or proof of ineligibility for an SSN; and

(6) Lawful status.

B. An applicant, to establish proof of age, full name, and identity, shall submit at least one of the following source documents:

(1) Valid, unexpired U.S. passport;

(2) Birth certificate as defined in Regulation .02 of this chapter;

(3) Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) issued by the U.S. Department of State (DOS), Form FS-240, DS-1350, or FS-545;

(4) Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551, issued by the U.S. DHS;

(5) Certificate of Naturalization, form N-550 or N-570 issued by the U.S. DHS;

(6) Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or N-561 issued by the U.S. DHS;

(7) Unexpired foreign passport with a valid, unexpired U.S. visa affixed accompanied by the approved I-94 form documenting the applicant's most recent admittance into the U.S.;

(8) Unexpired employment authorization documents (EAD), Form I-776 or I-688B, issued by the U.S. DHS; or

(9) Any other documents designated acceptable by U.S. DHS by notice published in the Federal Register or acceptable to the Administration.

C. Source Documents for Residency. To establish Maryland residency, an applicant for a license or identification card shall submit at least two different source documents reflecting the applicant’s full name and current Maryland residence address. The address on source documents shall match the address on the application. The residency source documents include:

(1) Maryland vehicle registration card or title;

(2) Communication from a utility, telephone, cable or satellite TV provider regarding an account held by the applicant;

(3) Communication from a financial institution, or collection agency regarding an account held or debt owed by the applicant;

(4) Insurance card or policy;

(5) Property tax bill or receipt;

(6) Mortgage account statement, deed, communication from the State Department of Assessments and Taxation, or other proof of home ownership;

(7) Residential rental contract, an apartment lease, or other rental of real property;

(8) Mail or benefits statement from a federal, state, or local government agency;

(9) Copy of federal or Maryland income tax return filing not more than 18 months old, with proof of filing;

(10) Installment contract from a bank or other financial institution;

(11) Sales tax or business license;

(12) Credit card statement;

(13) Residential service contract or proof of delivery for services performed at the address of residence;

(14) Court order of probation, order of parole, or order of mandatory release;

(15) Medical or hospital bill;

(16) Voter registration card;

(17) Selective Service Card;

(18) Communication from a United States (U.S.) college or university regarding an account held by the applicant;

(19) U.S. high school report card or U.S. high school transcript;

(20) Valid Maryland State-issued professional license; or

(21) Other proof of residency acceptable to the Administration.

D. To establish proof of SSN, an applicant shall submit:

(1) Original Social Security card;

(2) W-2 form;

(3) SSA-1099 form;

(4) Non-SSA-1099 form; or

(5) Pay stub bearing the applicant's name and SSN.

E. To establish proof of ineligibility for an SSN, an applicant shall submit:

(1) Documentation demonstrating non-work authorized status; or

(2) Other proof of ineligibility for an SSN acceptable to the Administration.

F. Proof of Lawful Status.

(1) An applicant may use an acceptable document submitted as proof of age, full name, and identity under §B(1)—(8) of this regulation as proof of lawful status; or

(2) If an applicant submits one source document for proof of age, full name, and identity under §B(9) of this regulation, the applicant shall submit a second source document listed under §B(1)—(8) of this regulation, or other documentation issued by the U.S. DHS or other federal agencies to establish lawful status.

G. Applicants requesting a name change or to establish a name other than the name that appears on a source document shall submit documentation issued by a court, governmental body, or other entity acceptable to the Administration to include:

(1) Certified copy of a court order pertaining to the name change;

(2) Original or certified copy of a marriage certificate;

(3) Original or certified copy of a divorce decree; or

(4) Original or certified copy of a birth certificate.