.01 Purpose and Scope.
A. This chapter sets forth requirements for institutions of higher education in the State for:
(1) Admission of transfer students to public institutions;
(2) The transfer of courses and awarding of credit for transferred courses; and
(3) Collaboration and communication between institutions on issues relating to transfer.
B. This chapter is intended to:
(1) Maximize the transferability of courses to:
(a) Support timely completion of academic programs by transfer students;
(b) Minimize the need for transfer students to repeat coursework completed at a previous institution; and
(c) Limit the financial burden on transfer students;
(2) Foster collaboration and communication between institutions regarding proposed academic program changes that could impact the efficacy of transferring courses and credits;
(3) Establish a process and timeline for institutional review of a denial of a course or credit transfer; and
(4) Make public and easily accessible all policies and procedures regarding transfer students and the transfer of courses and credits.
C. This chapter is not intended to affect a student’s eligibility for and use of federal financial aid, and nothing in this chapter shall be construed in a manner that would prevent a student from being eligible for or using federal financial aid.
D. Except for Regulations .02 and .13A—H of this chapter, this chapter applies only to public institutions of higher education.