.07 Transfer of Courses and Credits Generally.
A. A receiving institution shall accept for transfer and award credit for a course or credit completed at a sending institution if:
(1) The course is transferable under §B of this regulation; and
(2) The acceptance of and awarding of credit for the completed course or credit is consistent with the requirements of this chapter.
(1) General education courses required under COMAR 13B.06.01 are transferable as set forth in Regulation .09 of this chapter.
(2) An individual course that is not being applied toward a general education requirement is transferable if:
(a) The course is deemed equivalent to a course at the receiving institution under the standards set forth in Regulation .10 of this chapter; or
(b) The course is part of a Program Transfer Agreement.
(3) Credit for prior learning is transferable if deemed equivalent using the standards set forth in Regulation .11 of this chapter.
(4) Establishment of Transferability by Institutions.
(a) Whenever practicable, the transferability of courses or credits shall be established via Program Transfer Agreement or other mechanism consistent with Regulation .12 of this chapter.
(b) Documents establishing course equivalencies and course and credit transferability shall be publicly available and easily accessible for students and the public.
C. Awarding of Credit Toward Academic Program Requirements.
(1) A receiving institution’s award of credit for a transferred course or credit may be applied toward any academic program requirement at the receiving institution, regardless of the program requirement that the course fulfilled at the sending institution,
(2) The award of credit for a transferred course or credit may be applied toward multiple program requirements at the receiving institution consistent with the institution’s policies for non-transfer students.